High quality participants are a necessity for effective user testing. UserWorks does a great job of recruiting participants for its own studies and can do the same for yours. UserWorks has supplied well-qualified participants for many past studies in both the public and private sectors, successfully recruiting thousands of participants for over a hundred studies. Our proprietary database includes thousands of registered participants from the greater Washington area and nationwide. They are available for either in-person or "remote" sessions (conducted via the web).
UserWorks works closely with customers to define the selection criteria for your studies and targets specific user types as needed. We have recruited people from many walks of life as well as professionals from many occupations and technical specialties. They span a range of demographics, socioeconomic categories, occupations, and levels of technical sophistication. We’ve recruited troubled youths, medical professionals, business owners, union workers, recently unemployed workers, recent graduates, retired military personnel and many others.
- “No Show” Participants: There is no charge to the client for any participant who fails to show up for a scheduled appointment.
- Informed Consent: Prior to any testing UserWorks will obtain a signed informed consent agreement from each participant in the study.
- Client Approval of Recruited Participants: UserWorks will provide the client with a list of each participant’s characteristics with respect to key screening variables for client approval.
- Change of Date: If the client changes the study date after participants have been recruited, the client will be charged an additional recruitment fee to replace each participant who is unable to reschedule for the new date. A fee of $20 per participant will also be charged to cover the recruiter’s labor in rescheduling participants.
- Cancellation of Study: If the client decides to cancel the study after participants have been recruited, the client will reimburse UserWorks, Inc. the full recruitment fee plus a flat fee of $100 to cover the recruiter’s labor in canceling participants.
- Cancellation of Scheduled Participants: If the client decides not to utilize scheduled participants within less than 24 hrs of the time that they had been scheduled to participate, the client will pay the full recruitment fee to UserWorks for those participants plus the full incentive amount to the affected participant.